Apply for Assistance
What is Project Support?
Project Support, Inc. is a charitable and educational organization which strives to assist the mentally ill population with basic needs, emotional, educational and financial support. We will partner with community outreach to assist with obtaining needed funds for client’s during a state of emergency by providing temporary emergency funds to avoid homelessness, hospitalization, incarcerations and interventions from local human service agencies, law enforcement and the judicial system.
What activities will Project Support Provide?
- Educational Activities: This will include community lectures and classes provided for a fee which is dependent of the length of technical content of the class.
- Financial Assistance: Housing
- Assistance with needed treatment modalities and services based on the following criteria:
1. Person applying must have an Axis I diagnosis qualifying as a severe mental illness which is chronic in nature;
2. Person applying must have demonstrated an inability to access other community funding, support or insurance;
3. Person applying must provide proof of any income and household bills showing a household budget that is incapable of supporting mental health treatment and/or needed services.
4. Person applying for financial assistance must be able to pass a drug test if given one.
5. Person applying for housing assistance must complete a Budgeting Class.
- Activities and socialization opportunities for the mentally ill to include bowling, roller-skating, putt-putt, luncheons, crafts, movies, field trips, and other events or activities to provide individuals with something to do and a way to socialize appropriately and with supervision. Activities and socialization events help mentally ill individuals to feel like a functioning part of the community and provide them with a routine and way to make friends.
- Project Support, Inc.
1120 Bypass Road, Vinton, Virginia 24179
- (540) 767-2669